ARCC Ocala Middle School Mentoring & Support Program
Help make a difference in the life of a youth, Become a Mentor!
The goal of the ARCC Ocala Mentoring Program is to pair 60 at-risk students who attend Ocala Middle School (East San Jose) with individual mentors in order to improve the students' academic performance & improve the prospect of future success by offering specialized one-on-one mentoring.
Mentors help their mentees seek out positive role models and peers and to pursue safe recreational activities. Mentors help youth realize their full potential and influence youth to make healthier choices that lead to physical, social and emotional wellness. So be the difference in a youth's life and become a mentor!
Your involvement will help our youth:
- Exceed educationally at (or above) grade level
- Provide them the guidance necessary to resist negative environmental influences that often contribute to unhealthy behaviors and school failure
- Help mentee’s seek out appropriate role models & safe recreational activities that support/enhance school achievement
- Utilize available resources to improve school performance to ensure middle or high graduation and post-secondary success
If you are interested in making a difference in the life of a high-risk youth, please sign-up to be a Mentor today!
If you have any questions about Mentoring contact Courtney Groszhans at 408.910.0446 or email at email@example.com.
- One Year Commitment
- Minimum of 6 hours a month (combination of phone calls, face to face time, group activities, etc.)
- Submit Monthly Report Via email
- Application with References
- DOJ Fingerprinting (Reimbursement by ARCC of $10)
- DMV Printout (Reimbursement by ARCC of $5)
- IntelliCorp Background Check
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- TB Test