ARCC Middle School Mentoring & Support Program
Help make a difference in the life of a youth…become a Mentor!
The goal of the Program is to pair 60 at-risk students who attend Ocala Middle School (East San José) with individual mentors to improve the students’ academic performance & improve the prospect of future success by offering specialized one-on-one mentoring.
Mentors help their mentees seek out positive role models and peers and to pursue safe recreational activities. Mentors help youth realize their full potential and influence youth to make healthier choices that lead to physical, social and emotional wellness. So be the difference in a youth’s life and become a mentor!
Your involvement will help our youth:
- Exceed educationally at (or above) grade level
- Provide them the guidance necessary to resist negative environmental influences that often contribute to unhealthy behaviors and school failure
- Help mentee’s seek out appropriate role models & safe recreational activities that support/enhance school achievement
- Utilize available resources to improve school performance to ensure middle or high graduation and post-secondary success
If you are interested in making a difference in the life of a high-risk youth, please fill out the online contact form and check the “volunteer my time” box under the “I would like to:” section to become a mentor today!
If you have any questions about mentoring, please contact ARCC’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
- One year commitment
- Minimum of 6 hours a month (combination of phone calls, face to face time, group activities, etc.)
- Submit monthly report via email
- Application with personal & professional references
- Santa Clara County fingerprinting
- Acceptable driving record
- Background check
- Current, active auto insurance
- Clear TB test